


I made my special someone his favorite dish recently: spaghetti squash bake. This is an extremely healthy alternative to using pasta for a spaghetti meal. Once spaghetti squash is cooked, it can be easily taken out of the shell with a fork. The flesh has the appearance of spaghetti noodles. Apparently, I was so excited about dinner that I forgot to snap the pic before the damage was done to the dish. This is my own little creation, so I hope you try it for yourself.What you need:
spaghetti squash: cooked and flesh removed
99% fat free ground turkey: browned
almond cheese: yes you can make "cheese" from almonds. buy the mozzarella style
garlic cloves
rosemary
garlic and oregano pasta sauce
fresh ground black pepper
To do:
Saute the minced garlic, then add browned turkey, spices and sauce. Let simmer for a bit.
Grate the cheese (not grated in picture, because the kitchen I was using didn't have a grater).
...Now, layer everything. Put down a layer of squash, then sauce mixture, then cheese. You should have about 3 layers, depending on the size of your baking dish. Cook in the oven until bubbling.
Salad:
This is simply: red cabbage, red leaf lettuce, oregano, salt, pepper and olive oil tossed together, then chilled.
Bread:
There is a lovely little bakery in Abingdon, VA: Wildflour Bakery & Cafe. I bought their "War" bread, which is multigrain. I simply tore it into little dipping pieces for the dipping sauce I made.
Dipping sauce:
olive oil, oregano, salt, pepper.
Truly one of my favorite meals.

No comments:
Post a Comment