
I love those morning when I have a little time to linger over my soy latte and catch-up on the news in the world. I purchased an espresso machine about 4 months ago and it has been one of the smartest moves I've made. It's amazing how much money you save by making your own favorite coffee drinks. Maybe one day I'll acquire the skill to perform latte art...
Today's breakfast features a Tomacado sandwich. I thought I made this word up until I Googled it. Alas, someone else has already thought of it. The sandwich is very simple. Slice up a small tomato, 1/4 of an avocado and scramble 2 egg whites. Toast an Ezekial sprouted grain english muffin. Add sea salt and fresh ground pepper on top and voila. Easy, healthy, wholesome breakfast.
The sprouted grain products are a complete protein, because they contain lentils mixed with other grains. I prefer tomatoes still on the vine when purchased. They are usually more juicy and fresh tasting. And, if you already have access to fresh produce then go for it! I'm looking forward to the day that I have my own little vegetable garden.
Eating the egg whites only will give you all the protein without the cholesterol. I like to get my fat from plant products, hence the avocado. The pictures are quite blurry due to my camera being fussy this morning (it has horrible mood swings). I plan to post dinner either tonight or tomorrow. Have a beautiful day!

No comments:
Post a Comment